This project involved the upgrade to the entrance of The Rocks Centre
Building for Place Management NSW.
The entrance underwent the installation of 2.5 tonne of structural steel
for the lift shaft with 1.5 tonne of structural steel for the link bridge
to develop the new glazed entry, with the supply and install of the new
lift. Demolition and restoration works were undertaken to the
existing glazed entry to accommodate the new lift.
Further works included a complete new services upgrade to electrical,
mechanical, hydraulic and fire with new internal fitout of walls and
ceilings to level 1.
The heritage listed building, previously known as "Penrhyn House" and
developed in 1924 by Leslie Alfred Turnbull (architect FE Stowe) was
built on site of the original convict hospital, with the industrial
workshop type building still evident today.
The upgrade complements our other recent successful projects in The
Rocks, at Campbell's Cove and Argyle Stores.