Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre Project Completion
Gartner Rose is delighted to announce the safe and successful completion of the roofing and cladding at the Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre in Rockdale for FDC.
The scope of works included:
- Roofing and roof plumbing to ancillary roofs
- Roofing to pool timing building adjacent external grandstand
- Eaves gutter to north façade and associated downpipes
- Fire barrier to lower curved cladding beneath grandstand
- Vapour barrier and sarking to external cladding
- 100mm insulated panel roof to pool hall
To achieve the curved roof, approximately 1,000m2 of .6 custom blue orb was used and, given the length, a curving machine was required on site to curve all 194 sheets. The roof/wall was underlaid with a combination of rigid PIR board insulation, sarking, acoustic blanket and fire rated matting and a built up frame constructed by Gartner Rose. The sheets were then craned onto the roof in packs and individually lowered by rope to be installed by the team working from a combination of 80 and 86ft booms.
Congratulations to everyone for bringing this project to a safe completion and a special thanks to the project team, subcontractors and suppliers that have tirelessly helped throughout the project.