Jannali Station Project Completion
Gartner Rose are delighted to announce the safe and successful completion of the accessibility and upgrade works at Jannali Station for Transport for NSW.
With 50,970 hours worked, and five track possessions, the project saw the construction of two new lifts, a new pedestrian bridge, stairs and canopies, a family accessible toilet, undercover bicycle racks, improved interchange areas, improvements to the Oxley Avenue car park as well as a footpath to the station and upgrades to lighting and CCTV surveillance.
The scope of works included:
- Demolition of existing buildings and station canopies
- Installation of a new footbridge to allow access from one platform to another
- Two new lifts to assist with disabled and pram access
- Installation of brand new canopies to both platforms
- Installation of pre-cast stairs to allow access to the platform, plaza and footbridge levels
- New increased sized plaza entrances constructed to both platform 1 and platform 2
- New lighting, CCTV and Opal services installed
- New standalone FAT building constructed
- Complete re-surfacing of whole station to compliant grades
- New compliant disabled access ramps constructed to Jannali/ Mitchell Avenue, allowing easy access to the platform
- Resurfacing and the construction of a speed hump to Mitchell Avenue to improve the safety around the station entrance
- Introduction of three kiss and ride areas – one on Mitchell Avenue, one on Railway Crescent and one on Oxley Carpark
- Installation of two new bus shelters, both on Mitchell / Jannali Avenue
- Resurfacing to Oxley car park and introduction of multiple disabled spaces
Congratulations to everyone for bringing this project to a safe completion.