Project Award for The Rocks Centre
We are delighted to advise that Gartner Rose has been appointed by Place Management NSW to undertake the upgrade of The Rocks Centre Building, located on Playfair St, The Rocks.
Otherwise known as “Penrhyn House” and developed in 1924 by Leslie Alfred Turnbull (architect FE Stowe), the building’s history as an industrial workshop type building is still evident today. It is built on the site of the original convict hospital at Sydney Cove.
Site establishment will be following Vivid Festival, with an expected completion date of Christmas.
The scope of works are as follows:
- Demolition and restoration of the current glazed entry
- Construction of a new structural steel entry and glazed lift shaft
- Supply and installation of the new lift
- New internal fit out of walls and ceilings
- New electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and fire services
These works will compliment our other current projects in The Rocks, located at Campbell’s Cove and The Argyle Stores.
We look forward to a safe and successful delivery of this project.