Waterfall Station Upgrade
This Design and Construct project involved an Easy Access Upgrade to Waterfall Station. Major challenges included the construction of the platform extension and lift pit around live signalling
cables, as well as the temporary works coordination for the crane positioning to install the lift and pre-cast elements whilst not overloading the bridge and maintaining safe approach distances to the overhead wiring, all whilst allowing one lane to remain open for buses and emergency vehicles.
The scope of works included:
- New station entry with level access at overbridge level
- New lift from station entry to platform level
- Platform extension to form lift waiting area at platform level
- New canopies to station entry and platform
- New accessible toilets (replacing existing in platform building)
- Platform upgrading to achieve level access
- External works including modifications to footpaths
- Additional Lighting
- Additional CCTV coverage, containment and cabling
- Installation of the W19 Co-acting signal
- Wayfinding signage
- Interchange works for kiss and ride, cycle shelter and storage facilities
- Hearing Induction Loop in critical areas.
- Station Passenger Information (SPI)
A total of 6 track possessions were utilised to complete contract works, with numerous innovations executed throughout the course of the project, including delivery of the precast coping panels ahead of the possession to allow tiling prior to installation, lift shaft cladding and window frames installed to the shaft prior to installation on site, as well as the utilisation of dual incoming supply to ensure smooth transition from the existing supply to the new supply.
The project was completed four months ahead of schedule.
Transport for NSW
November 2013 - August 2015