Bombo Wastewater Treatment Plant Fencing Project Completion
We are delighted to announce the safe and successful completion of the replacement of the peripheral fencing for Bombo Wastewater Treatment Plant for Sydney Water Corporation.
The scope of works included the installation of over 800m of Aluminium Palisade Fencing and brought together a number of complex requirements:
- The site is a fully manned and functioning Sydney Water waste water treatment plant, and part of the critical infrastructure in the area, meaning security needed to be maintained at all times
- Situated on the Bombo headland, adjacent to the ocean, cliffs and beach it is in an extremely environmentally sensitive area and all works needed to take protection of the environment into consideration
- The perimeter of the site interacts with the general public and is in constant use, resulting in the need for a full community interaction plan and complex pedestrian management
- Much of the fencing was undertaken on the edge of a 50m cliff and involved harnesses and full working at heights protection
- The entire site is a listed heritage item of state significance
- A section of the fencing was undertaken in very close proximity to live services – both high pressure gas and fibre optic communications and required excavation to be undertaken by non-destructive methods
- Over 100m of the fence was undertaken adjacent to the rail corridor
Well done to all involved in this complex project which again demonstrated our Work Health and Safety capacity and experience in working under difficult circumstances.