Project Award for Waitara Station Upgrade
Gartner Rose has been appointed by Transport for NSW to undertake the design and construction works for the Waitara Station Upgrade, as part of the Transport Access Program 3 (TAP3). The Waitara Station upgrade will provide a new access to the station via a new underpass, new lifts and stairs, as well as upgraded station facilities and family accessible toilets.
The project consists of the following key features:
- New underpass at the country end of Waitara Station
- New lift and stairs connecting the underpass to the commuter carpark off Waitara Avenue
- New lift and stairs connecting the underpass to the platform
- Level access connecting the underpass to Alexandria Parade
- New canopy over stairs
- New Boarding Assistance Zone (BAZ) Canopy
- Upgraded Station entries ensuring accessible paths of travel
- Refurbishment work to the existing Toilets to house new FAT & Ambulant Toilet
- Electrical upgrade
- Relocation of major services
- Improve existing structures to improve compliance
- Lighting, security, and other system upgrades
Design will begin immediately, with site establishment in May and project completion in November 2023.