Richmond Relay Room Project Completion
We are delighted to advise the safe and successful completion of the construction works required at Richmond Relay Room for Sydney Trains. As part of the Blacktown ATRICS upgrade works the existing Richmond Train Station Relay Room was extended to allow for upgrades and replacements to the existing interlocking telemetry system.
The relay room extension was a 20m2 extension to the existing Relay Room, including:
- Demolition – Removal of existing Western external wall
- Earthworks – Non-destructive excavation of all footings and service trenching
- Concrete – Footings and suspended bondek slab
- Brickwork – Toothed in brickwork to existing walls for the foundation and superstructure brickwork
- Roof Structure – On-site fabricated trusses, rafters and ceiling joists
- Roof – New roof to match existing (roof sheets, fascia and gutters)
- Fit Out – Installation of new 2-hour Fire rated ceiling linings, ceiling hatches, doors and associated items
- Mechanical – New mechanical ventilation and AC units
- Electrical – New distribution board and internal services including ground provisions for future main electrical upgrade
- Painting – Internal / External painting including anti-graffiti application to all external brickwork
- External – New asphalt, concrete pathways, drainage and installation of refurbished existing stairs
All works were undertaken on-site while the existing relay room was live.
Congratulations to everyone for bringing this project to a safe completion and a special thanks to the project team, subcontractors and suppliers.