Successful WE38 Possession at Mt Colah Station
We are delighted to advise the safe and successful utilisation of the WE38 possession over the weekend of the 18th and 19th of March at Mt Colah Station.
Over the possession weekend, 118 persons worked a total of 1227 hours. The station was ready for commuters by Monday morning.
As part of the WE38 Possession at Mt Colah Station, Gartner Rose undertook the following scope:
- removal of platform lighting poles,
- excavation of platform lift pit and 2no stair support footings through rock,
- removal of approximately 250t of spoil from the platform,
- construction of temp stormwater services through new excavations,
- construction of temporary works designed infill decks,
- platform survey monitoring,
- installation and commissioning of temporary platform lighting,
- removal of existing pilot wire by Ausgrid,
- tree removal on Pacific Highway for future works, and
- coordination of a substantial traffic control plan to close down lanes on Pacific Highway and the existing footbridge.
- Sydney Trains works included the installation and commissioning of new aerial power and stay poles to enable future Gartner Rose works.
The possession was finished with zero FAIs, MTIs, or incidents.
Congratulations and thank you to the Gartner Rose staff, Sydney Trains, our subcontractors, and suppliers.