The Rocks Centre Project Completion
We are delighted to advise the safe and successful completion of the upgrade to entrance of The Rocks Centre Building for Place Management NSW.
The project involved the construction of a new structural steel entry and glazed lift shaft to The Rocks Centre. The entrance underwent the installation of 2.5 tonne of structural steel for the lift shaft with 1.5 tonne of structural steel for Link Bridge to develop the new glazed entry, with the supply and install of the new lift.
Further works included a complete new services upgrade to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and fire with new internal fitout of walls and ceilings to level 1. Demolition and restoration works were also undertaken to the existing glazed entry to accommodate the new lift.
The heritage listed building, previously known as “Penrhyn House” and developed in 1924 by Leslie Alfred Turnbull (architect FE Stowe) was built on site of the original convict hospital, with the industrial workshop type building still evident today.
The upgrade compliments our other recent successful projects in The Rocks, at Campbell’s Cove and Argyle Stores.
Congratulations to everyone for bringing this project to a safe completion and a special thank you to the project team, subcontractors and suppliers.