WestConnex M5 Kingsgrove MOC1 Buildings Project Completion
Gartner Rose are pleased to announce the completion of the Kingsgrove MOC1 Buildings as part of The WestConnex New M5 project for CPB Dragados Samsung Joint Venture.
Over 73 weeks of construction, 60,000 hours were worked to complete the scope appointed to Gartner Rose involving the construction of the Substation, Maintenance Facility Building, Bulky Goods Store, Fire Pump Building and the Exhaust Vents building for the WestConnex New M5 project.
Each building consisted of the following:
- Maintenance Building – the complete construction of the 1300m2 maintenance facility, including all services.
- Bulky Goods Store – the complete construction of the 1200m2 Bulky Goods Store including all services.
- Exhaust Ventilation Building – the construction and fit-out of monitor rooms with external finishes.
- Fire Pump Building – roofing and internal fit-out of the building, further to the installation of louvres, mechanical and hydraulic services
- Substation – alucobond cladding to external façade further to insulation and mechanical services.
Across the five MOC1 buildings, the detailed scope of the works involved:
- Cast over 850 m3 of concrete
- Erect more than 100 tonnes of structural steel
- Lay more than 350 m2 of blockwork
- Erect more than 350 m2 of precast panels
- Lay more than 3,700 m2 of roof sheeting
- Erect more than 600 m2 of ceilings
- Paint more than 15,000 m2 of wall surfaces
- Apply more than 5,200 m2 of floor painting and covering; and
- Erect more than 2,400 m2 of cladding and shopfronts.
Congratulations to everyone for bringing this project to a safe completion and a special thanks to the project team, subcontractors and suppliers.