Kangy Angy Maintenance Centre Project Completion
We are delighted to advise the safe and successful completion of the New Driver Amenity building at Kangy Angy for UGL.
The Kangy Angy Maintenance Centre has been constructed to maintain the NSW TrainLink New Intercity Fleet (NIF). Gartner Rose was appointed to construct the new Driver Amenity Building, an 80m2 free-standing building. The scope of the works completed included:
- Piling – 6 No. 450mm diameter bored piles, 12m depth with 2m socketed into rock.
- Demolition – demolition of asphalt.
- Earthworks – detailed excavations for ground beams and service trenches.
- Concrete FRP – ground beams with a dimension of 600x600mm
- Structural Steel – 4 modules bolted together at site, approx. 8.25T
- Roof/cladding – Kingspan insulated panel
- Fit-out – Partitions, flooring, painting, tiling, joinery, windows, and doors
- Services – Electrical/communications/security, hydraulic & mechanical (BMCS by client)
- External works – asphalt prep, bollards, and kerbs
Over the course of four months and three days of construction, 3,811 hours were worked to complete the Driver Amenity Building.
Congratulations to everyone for bringing this project to a safe completion and a special thanks to the project team, subcontractors and suppliers.