Manly Hydraulics Laboratory Project Completion
We are delighted to advise the safe and successful completion of the construction works at Manly Hydraulics Laboratory.
The Manly Hydraulics Laboratory utilises water from Manly dam to conduct scale modelling and testing of water flows in a variety of real-world scenarios.
Gartner Rose undertook the project scope which included, but was not limited to:
- Complete demolition of the existing hydraulics and ancillary buildings
- Remediation of the contaminated site
- Construction of the new hydraulics building including piles, structural footings, slabs and retaining walls, structural steel portal frame and cladding, plus internal finishes
- Construction of three new testing tanks inside the building, providing a massive improvement in modelling capabilities
- Upgrade of the existing hydraulic testing system
- Services including drainage, hydraulics, electrical and mechanical
- External work including hardstands and landscaping
Congratulations to everyone for bringing this project to a safe completion and a special thanks to the project team, subcontractors and suppliers.