Successful WE50 Possession at Point Clare Station
We are delighted to advise the safe and successful utilisation of the WE50 track possession over the weekend of the 11th, 12th and 13th of June at Point Clare Station.
Over the possession weekend, a total of 2,164 hours to complete 100% of the work required, and the station was ready for commuters by Tuesday morning.
During WE50 the Point Clare team undertook the lift 1 and subway entry works that required temporary support of the existing embankment, tracks, and platform, to facilitate the demolition of the existing retaining walls and ramp. This allowed the placement of the blinding slab to enable the construction of the new entry in the week post WE50. The team also upgraded the existing stormwater infrastructure on the east of the station and undertook platform regrading works to remove non-compliant grades.
Further work completed:
- Drilled & Installed 4no temporary retaining soil nails (5&6m deep)
- Demolished existing subway entry and retaining walls
- Installed 2m high shotcrete retaining wall
- Placed blinding slab for lift 1 and subway entry
- Demolished and reconstructed 10m of suspended platform
- Installed 3no platform hoardings
- Installed 33m of new stormwater drainage and headwalls
- Completed ULX works, installing final pit and conduit route
The possession was finished with zero FAI’s, MTI’s or incidents.
Congratulations and thank you to the Gartner Rose staff, Transport for NSW project team, our subcontractors and suppliers for the effective utilisation of Possession WE50 at Point Clare Station.