Mariners Church The Rocks
Complete restoration and refurbishment for a forthcoming lease inclusive of a fine dining restaurant and upmarket bars, with major sandstone restoration works forming a significant part of the works undertaken to the building.
Originally built in 1857, the four-level Mariners Church is regarded as one of the top five buildings in The Rocks in respect of heritage significance.
Gartner Rose worked closely with the client and Architect (OCP) to ensure that this magnificent building once again took its place as one of the finest pieces of Australian heritage within The Rocks.
Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority (SHFA)
Energy Australia National Trust Heritage Awards
Conservation Built Heritage (over $1m) – Sandstone Conservation