The Rocks Centre
This project involved an upgrade to the entrance of The Rocks Centre building for Place Management NSW. Demolition and restoration works were undertaken to the existing glazed entry to accommodate a new lift structure.
Works involved the installation of 2.5 tonnes of structural steel for the lift shaft with 1.5 tonnes of structural steel for the link bridge to develop the new entry, as well as the supply and install of the new lift.
Further works included a services upgrade to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and fire with new internal fitout of the walls and ceilings to level one.
The heritage listed building, previously known as Penrhyn House, was developed in 1924 by Leslie Alfred Turnbull (architect, FE Stowe) and was built on the site of the original convict hospital, with the industrial workshop building still evident today.
Place Management NSW
April 2018 - May 2019