Gartner Rose is delighted to announce the safe and successful completion
of the upgrade of the easy access facilities at Emu Plains Railway
Station for RailCorp.
The value of the works was in excess of $3 million.
This project is the latest in a long line of work for RailCorp on their
stations carried out by Gartner Rose.
Gartner Rose appointed Caldis Cook as architects for the project, their
team being led by Hicham Noori.
The Gartner Rose Project Manager, Stephen Williams, worked closely with
Caldis Cook, other consultants including Hughes Trueman, and the RailCorp
Project Manager, Rinas Cook to deliver a significant upgrade to Emu Plains
Station. He was ably assisted on site by the Gartner Rose foreman Owen
The main activities carried out during the project were:
- Supply and installation of two passenger lifts;
- Design and construct of a new canopy to Platform 1;
- Design and construct 2 family accessible toilets by modifying existing
toilets in main station building;
- Re-instate existing ticket window;
- Design and construct new staff toilet;
- Supply and install water tanks for toilets, cleaning and irrigation;
- Supply and install anti-throw screens;
- Supply and install tactile indicators;
- Provide 4 disabled car parking spaces;
- Demolition of specified existing structures.
Over 20,000 hours were worked on site with ZERO lost time injuries.
The project was finished two months early and under budget.
Says Dwayne Purcell, RailCorp Customer Service Manager, "We hope customers
are pleased with the state of the art design of the upgraded station. It
looks great and seamlessly incorporates the older buildings with the new
Visit our Flickr
page for more photos from this project.